Yanery's bookshelf: read

Champion
That Summer
The Goddess Inheritance
Eleanor & Park
Prodigy
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
The List
The Maze Runner
NW
The Rosie Project
The Dead House
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Code
Seizure
Virals
Crash
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Selection
Goddess Interrupted
One Little White Lie


Yanery's favorite books »

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Review of Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot

Status: read and sitting next to my other Princess Diaries books.
Rating: 3/5.

Mia Thermopilis, POG (Princess of Genovia) herself, is back in the building! Long time no see Mia and Michael! Hiiii Lilly, I have missed the sass. Aww Tina, hello lovely. And Lana... well, I haven't missed you. The crew is back together! As I acknowledged in my latest book haul, I knew this was a money grab book from the start, a novel not intended to change the ending but to build a bridge for the Princess Diaries fandom to the inevitable spin-off series.



Mia's family drama is as always a delight to read. Oh the first world problems and the humour that ensues. Grandmere and Mia's father also play key roles in this book which I really enjoyed. Grandmere has also bought a new lady friend for Rommel the poodle, which doesn't really work out as she had hoped. And of course, as the title reveals, we do get a beautiful proposal and wedding :) *Sigh* Eleven books later and here we are.

In this book we also have quite a bit of romance however it was mostly alluded to; I expected a bit more maturity from the themes in this book but most problems and sexual themes were kept very surface, despite Mia's age and the expected maturity of the fandom. The plot wasn't exactly brave or surprising, thus, while I enjoyed the novel, I would not place it highly compared to the other books. Book 10 is one of my favourite finale books and so it has stayed.

Favourite quote:

I'm completely demanding an autopsy on my grandmother's brain when she's dead so I can see what I'm in for as I age.

No comments:

Post a Comment