Yanery's bookshelf: read

Champion
That Summer
The Goddess Inheritance
Eleanor & Park
Prodigy
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
The List
The Maze Runner
NW
The Rosie Project
The Dead House
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Code
Seizure
Virals
Crash
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Selection
Goddess Interrupted
One Little White Lie


Yanery's favorite books »

Friday 1 November 2013

The Crew

Disclaimer: what follows is sappy. Read if you so desire.

So yesterday was the school award's night, my last ever awards night as a high school student. I swore I wouldn't cry and I was very close to successful. I've been so lucky, blessed, to be part of the leadership "crew" 2013 at my school. I am one of the ten captains who sit in the front row. I am one of the ten who handed out trophies and medals to their worthy recipients. I am 1/10.

I don't think I can adequately explain how being a part of something bigger than you, being part of a united front, can make you feel. It's a family. We fight and some days we say the wrong thing and hate each other. In just under two weeks we will finish high school together, the gates are waiting for us and for this moment we cling to each other like life rafts.
#glorydays

I feel her pent up excitement next to me all night. "I'm so happy for you," Olive says to me. She's smiling like she just saw something wonderful. I feel that we are each others' cheer squad and that if anyone dared take it off me, my team would be all over them.

There is this euphoria as we received our gifts, as my class was called out and as the cameras flash. I am proud of everyone although there is nothing about them that I could take credit for.

To finish, I've included an awesome youtube video of a college graduation. This is definitely something I want to do in my last few days of school and it has great music.


Please let me know what your thoughts were at graduation, if you even remember it or what you feel about it now. 

Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment