Yanery's bookshelf: read

Champion
That Summer
The Goddess Inheritance
Eleanor & Park
Prodigy
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
The List
The Maze Runner
NW
The Rosie Project
The Dead House
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Code
Seizure
Virals
Crash
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Selection
Goddess Interrupted
One Little White Lie


Yanery's favorite books »

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Christmas Book Haul

Happy New Year to you lovely folk. We are well into 2015 and I still haven’t posted a Christmas book haul. I got a lot of books both given to me and purchased by me so I wanted to share my nerdy excitement here!



1.       Scarlet and Cress by Marissa Meyer
My sister heard me cry out and came running to my room, asking me what was wrong. I said, “Cinder finished. And I don’t’ have the second one.” She bought me both sequels. My sister is the greatest. (Read my Cinder book review here.)



Sometimes the world is horrid. I am saving this book for when I need to know how to survive human cruelty. Malala is a young woman standing up against the Taliban by going to school and speaking out on behalf of oppressed young women. At 17, she is possibly the greatest human alive with a Nobel Peace Prize under her belt and a survivor of brutal gun attacks. I already know this is going to be a massive book for me particularly as feminist literature.



If you haven’t yet picked up a Rainbow Rowell book I really don’t know what you’re doing. I am seriously excited to start this one. This author has taken the young adult and adult contemporary genre by storm, particularly in 2014. Her novel Eleanor and Park remains my favourite youth fiction romance ever. Fangirl –omg Fangirl-  is incredible. Go read Rainbow Rowell.



A fantastic new addition to my bookshelf (one that I bought myself) in the form of a teen urban fantasy-suspense. I remember reading Westerfeld’s Uglies series in my early teens and being enchanted by his world-building and plot driven storyline. This is one book to watch.



I purchased this by suggestion of a friend who promised me a mighty heroine and a premise which would blow my mind. I’m hesitantly excited but I trust Richelle Mead – author of Bloodlines which I love - with my fragile fangirl life. I am always excited to start new series.


As always, you can follow the links of the books you like the sound of to Goodreads. Now the only question is: where to begin? Ciao.






No comments:

Post a Comment