Yanery's bookshelf: read

Champion
That Summer
The Goddess Inheritance
Eleanor & Park
Prodigy
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
The List
The Maze Runner
NW
The Rosie Project
The Dead House
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Code
Seizure
Virals
Crash
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Selection
Goddess Interrupted
One Little White Lie


Yanery's favorite books »

Thursday 5 December 2013

Holiday Reads

Hello again,


Brief life update: I graduated about 2 weeks ago. It was crazy and weird and it's freaking me out how non-emotional I was compared to how I thought I would be. Christmas is also coming up very soon and I am extremely excited to be singing Christmas carols and watching endless Vlogmas videos on youtube.


Which leads me to my main post- Festive reads. There is really nothing better. Not only are these books fantastic (trust me) but they are a lot of Christmasy fun and would make great gifts too. Message to my parents, 'THEY WOULD MAKE GREAT GIFTS. Thank you.'



Sneaky bookshop photo.


Book 1- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky.

A long time ago in the magical world of childhood innocence, a boy called Charlie celebrates his birthday on Christmas Eve. Family happens. High school happens. Christmas happens again. Although this book may leave you a bit misty eyed, I guarantee that your heart will be warmed by Charlie's raw letters as he braves the world.










Book 2- Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan.


Lily leaves a little red book in a bookstore hoping a potential friend will find it. Dash completes the first mission and leaves the book for Lily. This treasure hunt through New York is hilarious and sweet. One of my sister's all time favourites.





Another sneaky bookshop photo.

Book 3- Let it Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green & Lauren Myracle.

3 random strangers caught in a Christmas snow storm who quickly become your best friends. A quirky combination of intertwining stories of love, joy, friendship and a little pinch of magic for taste. My favourite authors all rolled into one. This book will have you dreaming of a white Christmas.

Let me know if you've read any of these or are planning too. Also, what's a new Christmas read I can look for? Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment