Yanery's bookshelf: read

Champion
That Summer
The Goddess Inheritance
Eleanor & Park
Prodigy
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
The List
The Maze Runner
NW
The Rosie Project
The Dead House
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Code
Seizure
Virals
Crash
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Selection
Goddess Interrupted
One Little White Lie


Yanery's favorite books »

Sunday 5 January 2014

2013 in Review Tag (Part 2)

Welcome to 2014! It feels completely unnatural to write that. We made it! Hooray! We survived the supposed apocalypse and everything! Huzzah! This is part 2 of my “2013 in review tag.” I hope you enjoy and have fun responding to some of these.


Me and my sister just before New Year's Day.

Best song
I See Fire by Ed Sheeran. Ed Sheeran also wins Best ginger.

Best TV show
As I don’t really watch TV anymore (Youtube addiction) I will have to say an old classic that our family watches on the holidays. The Cosby show.

Best novel (stand-alones only)
AHHH. Scrolling through my Goodreads, I realise this was a big year of books for me. Apart from The Fault in Our Stars- which we have heard enough about- I’m going to say The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky.

Best playscript
I only read one but screw it, I loved Macbeth.

Best series
In terms of the series I’m most excited for, it is definitely The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey or the Diviners by Holly Black. In terms of a complete series I read this year, my favourite was the Harry Potter series. I read it this year for the first time, no judgement.

Best last book/ finale
Ooooh there’s so many! I will go with Clockwork Princess, my highest anticipated read. I wrote the date in my calendar and that day after school went and got the last copies on the shelf. I even did my cramming session for my exam two nights before in order to read my book as soon as I got it. Dedication.

Best present (birthday or otherwise)
A graduation gift from my parents was to send me to Italy for 2 weeks. I’d never been overseas without my parents or to Europe and I had the greatest time.


Best movie
Catching Fire was amazing. If you haven’t seen it what are you doing with your life?

Best photo I took
Just Italy being beautiful. This was taken in the Basilica of St Francis, Assisi.


Best wake up
We woke up to the tinkling of a harp iPhone alarm, the smell of fresh croissants and a view of a Venetian grand canal out our window.

Best day
The last day of school. There were hilarious speeches, heartfelt captaincy handovers, balloons and hugging.

Best week
The week of Venice in Italy.

Best month

December. It is the only one I have clear recollection of :) Also... Christmas.

Link me some of your responses or post them here. Happy New Years again and ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment